Part Time Lab Director JobDallas, TX 60636
Why You'll Love This Job
Catapult Health is a healthcare technology company that is on the leading edge of corporate wellness. If you are interested in bringing your existing knowledge and new creative ideas and solutions to our forward-thinking organization in the digital healthcare space, this could be the opportunity you have been seeking. Everyone on the team has a significant impact on the business and continued progress.
What are we looking for?
Catapult Health is seeking a PART-TIME Lab Director to work with our experienced and skilled lab team. We strongly prefer a local (Dallas, TX area) candidate so on-site visits can be a regular occurrence. The role will require experience as a Lab Director in CLIA licensed and COLA accredited high complexity lab environment. In this role, the chosen candidate will initially fulfill the Lab Director and Clinical Consultant positions for our CLIA licensing. The Lab Director is responsible for the overall operation and administration of the laboratory, including the employment of competent personnel, equipment, safety, laboratory policies, quality assurance, all testing (including proficiency testing), and test reports.
- Direct operations, programs, and activities to meet organizational and regulatory lab requirements and to drive innovation.
- Initiate, interpret and enforce Laboratory Services procedures and maintain and interpret policies and procedures in accordance with CLIA and COLA regulations.
- Test systems in the lab and provide quality services in all aspects of test performance, i.e., the preanalytic, analytic, and postanalytic phases of testing, and are appropriate for our patient population.
- Ensure physical and environmental conditions of the laboratory are adequate and appropriate for the testing performed.
- Ensure the environment for team members is safe from physical, chemical, and biological hazards and safety and biohazard requirements are followed.
- Confirm that a general supervisor (high complexity testing) is available to provide day-to-day supervision of all testing personnel and reporting of test results as well as provide on-site supervision for specific minimally qualified testing personnel when they are performing high complexity testing.
- Ensure sufficient numbers of appropriately educated, experienced, and/or trained personnel who provide appropriate consultation, properly supervise, and accurately perform tests and report test results in accordance with the written duties and responsibilities specified by you, are employed by the laboratory.
- Review new test procedures and include them in the procedure manual. Validate they are followed by personnel.
- Provide each Laboratory team member’s responsibilities and duties are specified in writing, and
- Review test reports to ensure they include pertinent information for test interpretation.
Skills & Qualifications
REQUIRED EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- Doctoral Degree in chemical, physical, biological, or clinical laboratory sciences with a certification by a board-approved by HHS, OR
- MD, DO or DPM with a current medical license¹ and laboratory training/experience consisting of the following:
- 1-year laboratory training during medical residency; OR
- 2 years’ experience supervising high-complexity testing.
Catapult Health was founded by individuals with a strong sense of social purpose and core values that guides how we work to serve our clients and our employees. We also believe that you will embody the Core Values of our company.
- Do What’s Right
- Work Smart and Innovate
- Always Empower
- Be Professional
- Care and Serve
Catapult Health participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment. Employers can only use E-Verify once you have accepted a job offer and completed the Form I-9.
Este empleador participa en E-Verify y proporcionará al gobierno federal la información de su Formulario I-9 para confirmar que usted está autorizado para trabajar en los EE.UU.. Si E-Verify no puede confirmar que usted está autorizado para trabajar, este empleador está requerido a darle instrucciones por escrito y una oportunidad de contactar al Departamento de Seguridad Nacional (DHS) o a la Administración del Seguro Social (SSA) para que pueda empezar a resolver el problema antes de que el empleador pueda tomar cualquier acción en su contra, incluyendo la terminación de su empleo. Los empleadores sólo pueden utilizar E-Verify una vez que usted haya aceptado una oferta de trabajo y completado el Formulario I-9.